Building record 1297104000 - THE THATCH, 34 GREAT HAMPDEN
- Listed Building (II) 1125893: THE THATCH
Type and Period (3)
- HOUSE (15th Century to Modern - 1400 AD to 1999 AD)
- (Alternate Type) TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (15th Century to 16th Century - 1400 AD to 1599 AD)
- (Alternate Type) CRUCK HOUSE (15th Century to 16th Century - 1400 AD to 1599 AD)
Grade II. House. Late C15-C16 altered. 2 original bays rebuilt in colourwashed brick; narrow C18 extension to left also of colourwashed brick with slight timbering. C20 flat-roofed sun-lounge to far left, C20 colourwashed brick bay to right. Hipped thatch roof, central rebuilt brick chimney. One storey and attic, 4 bays. Irregular C20 barred wood and metal casements to ground floor; one paired casement in thatch with tiled apron in second bay. C20 door to right of third bay. Second bay has flanking cruck trusses with original purlins and one wind-brace. Third bay has heavy original joists along axis of building (B1).
- <1>SBC22140 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1985. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. p20.
|Grid reference||SP 84948 01300 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||GREAT AND LITTLE HAMPDEN, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Apr 14 2009 1:39PM