Building record 1291600000 - OLD CALLOW DOWN FARMHOUSE
- Listed Building (II) 1160058: OLD CALLOW DOWN FARMHOUSE
Type and Period (3)
- FARMHOUSE (15th Century to 18th Century - 1400 AD to 1799 AD)
- (Alternate Type) TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (15th Century to 16th Century - 1400 AD to 1599 AD)
- CRUCK HOUSE (15th Century to 16th Century - 1400 AD to 1599 AD)
Grade II. House. C15-early C16, altered c.1600 and later. Timber frame of cruck construction with rendered infill to rear and brick infill to front and gable of left bay, the gable with exposed cruck truss. Right bays refronted C18 in red and vitreous chequer brick with rendered plinth. Right gable part rendered. Old tile roof, brick chimney between left bays, later brick end chimneys. One storey and attic, 3 bays. Irregular C20 leaded casements, the centre bay with paired casement in gabled eaves- line dormer. Small light below eaves over C20 door between left bays. C19 brick and flint extension to rear forming L-plan. Interior: 4 asymmetrical cruck trusses, the blades terminating above the collars. Outer bays have original floors with heavy longitudinal joists, the left bay with cross passage, probably inserted. Floor and chimney inserted into central hall c.1600, the spine beam and ground floor fireplace lintel both chamfered with barred stops. First floor fireplace has depressed arch of chamfered brick. Original rafters and curved wind-braces in roof (B1).
- <1>SBC20224 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1985. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest: Buckinghamshire: Wycombe District: Parishes of Bledlow &C.
|Grid reference||SU 78742 99989 (point)|
|Civil Parish||BLEDLOW-CUM-SAUNDERTON, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jan 23 2017 9:27AM