Building record 1290200000 - CHURCH OF ST PAUL, BLEDLOW RIDGE
- Listed Building (II) 1159852: CHURCH OF ST PAUL
Type and Period (1)
- ANGLICAN CHURCH (Built 1868, 19th Century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
Grade II. Church. 1868. Flint with stone dressings and slate roofs. Nave, S. porch, chancel, N. vestry. Off-set buttresses. Nave has 3-light traceried window to W., and 5 bays of lancets to N. and S. Gabled S. porch to second bay has double-chamfered arch and carved head label stops. Bell-turret with cusped wooden arches and spirelet at W. end of nave. Chancel has 2 bays of cusped lancets and a 3-light traceried E. window. Both E. and W. windows have hoodmoulds with carved head stops. Another cusped lancet in E. wall of vestry. Whitewashed interior with simply moulded chancel arch on triple shaft corbels. Nave has arch-braced roof trusses, chancel scissor trusses. Late C19 glass in E. window; W. window designed by John Piper and made by Patrick Reyntiens 1968 (B1).
- <1>SBC20224 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1985. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest: Buckinghamshire: Wycombe District: Parishes of Bledlow &C. p3.
|Grid reference||SU 79752 97744 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||BLEDLOW-CUM-SAUNDERTON, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 16 2009 4:26PM