Building record 1233500000 - CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS
- Listed Building (II) 1309135: CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS
Type and Period (1)
- PARISH CHURCH (Built 1911, 20th Century - 1900 AD to 1999 AD)
Grade II. Parish Church. 1911, by Fellowes Prynne. Ashlar with copper spire. Perpendicular Gothic. Brasses from former church, including the earliest surviving brass of a civilian in England, circa 1350 (B1).
Ian Toplis suggests that Sir Gilbert Scott restored the chancel of the former church [CAS 01543] in 1868; however Pevsner states that the new church was established in 1828, enlarged by Scott in 1865 and almost entirely rebuilt in 1911-12 (B2-3).
- <1>SBC4001 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1985. LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC INTEREST: BUCKINGHAMSHIRE: DISTRICT OF SOUTH BUCKS. p218.
- <2>SBC15132 Article in serial: Ian Toplis. 1975. 'SIR GILBERT SCOTT'S CLASSICAL WORK IN BUCKS', IN RECS OF BUCKS 20 PP93-99. Vol 20. p99.
- <3>SBC19664 Bibliographic reference: Nikolaus Pevsner & Elizabeth Williamson. 1994. The Buildings of England: Buckinghamshire. p689.
|Grid reference||SU 91220 82208 (point)|
|Civil Parish||TAPLOW, South Bucks, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 6 2011 6:47PM