Building record 1225200000 - PONDERS, HEDGERLEY LANE
- Listed Building (II) 1124426: PONDERS
Type and Period (3)
- HOUSE (18th Century - 1700 AD to 1799 AD)
- (Former Type) ESTATE COTTAGE (19th Century - 1800 AD? to 1899 AD?)
- (Former Type) FARMHOUSE (18th Century - 1700 AD? to 1799 AD?)
Grade II. C18 restored. Formerly farm to Bulstrode Park, later a pair of grooms' cottages. Red-blue brick; old tile hipped roof with moulded coved cornice. Two storeys. First floor with 4 sashes and one circular window. Ground floor with C18 wooden door-case with Roman Doric pilasters and pediment and, on left hand, one sash and, on right hand, 3 sashes all with cambered brick relieving arches and glazing bars. Interior with painted deal panelling and stone hall floor (B1).
- <1>SBC4001 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1985. LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC INTEREST: BUCKINGHAMSHIRE: DISTRICT OF SOUTH BUCKS. p150.
|Grid reference||SU 98906 87648 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||GERRARDS CROSS, South Bucks, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Feb 8 2021 10:23AM