Building record 1221200000 - DORNEY COTTAGE
- Listed Building (II) 1162872: DORNEY COTTAGE
Type and Period (3)
- HOUSE (16th Century to 17th Century - 1500 AD? to 1699 AD?)
- (Alternate Type) TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (16th Century to 17th Century - 1500 AD? to 1699 AD?)
- HALL HOUSE? (16th Century to 17th Century - 1500 AD? to 1699 AD?)
Grade II. C16/C17. Timber-framed; colour-washed brick nogging; old tile roof with some fishscale tiles and square chimney on ridge. Two storeys. On left hand, hall through 2 storeys, gable ended and with barge-boards. In it a large C18 window with iron Y-tracery and, applied inside, C18 iron tracery work. Remainder of elevation with a central projecting gable and, on first floor, four 2-light casements with large diamond panes and, on ground floor, a modern enclosed porch with, on the left, a 4-light casement with glazing and, on right hand, one one-light casement with large diamond glazing bars with a few fleurons and one 2-light casement window with diamond paned leaded lights (B1).
- <1>SBC4001 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1985. LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC INTEREST: BUCKINGHAMSHIRE: DISTRICT OF SOUTH BUCKS. p127.
|Grid reference||SU 92832 79168 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||DORNEY, South Bucks, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Sep 11 2007 6:56PM