Monument record 0050800000 - C350M SW HIGH HOLBURN FARM
- Planning Notification Area: Roman pottery scatter found by fieldwalking
- SHINE: Earthwork survival of medieval to post-medieval ridge and furrow cultivation of the former open field systems of Great and Little Kimble, and scatter of Roman pottery found along the line of a backfilled pipeline.
Type and Period (1)
- ARTEFACT SCATTER (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
SMALL AMOUNT OF TILE FOUND WITH MUCH RB POTTERY. TILE APPARENTLY COMMON IN ONE AREA 18 X 14M CENTRED AT NGR (B2).
LATER WORK SHOWS SITE PROBABLY EXTENDS A LITTLE FURTHER W INTO FIELD THAN PREVIOUSLY THOUGHT. PRINCIPAL CONCENTRATION AT C.SP 8194 0773 (B4).
- <1>SBC9317 Bibliographic reference: MR I BERRY & FIELD VISIT M E FARLEY, 30 MAY 1973.
- <2>SBC9489 Bibliographic reference: MRS BERRY & M E FARLEY OCT 1979.
- <3>SBC4357 Bibliographic reference: DR R P HAGERTY, SEP T.1981.
- <4>SBC9516 Bibliographic reference: MRS M BERRY & M E FARLEY, SEP T 1985.
|Grid reference||Centred SP 8193 0771 (140m by 120m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||GREAT AND LITTLE KIMBLE, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (4)
- Event - Intervention: (EBC11322)
- Event - Intervention: (EBC12025)
- Event - Intervention: (EBC14483)
- Event - Survey: (EBC14532)
Record last edited
Oct 20 2020 11:18AM