Building record 1094500000 - 23 GREEN END
- Listed Building (II) 1212349: NO 23 GREEN END
Type and Period (3)
- HOUSE (16th Century to 17th Century - 1500 AD to 1699 AD)
- (Alternate Type) TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (16th Century to 17th Century - 1500 AD to 1699 AD)
- (Alternate Type) LOBBY ENTRY HOUSE (16th Century to 17th Century - 1500 AD to 1699 AD)
Grade II. Small house. C16-C17, of 2 builds. Timber frame with diagonal braces and whitewashed rendered infill, front rendered and planked. Thatch roof, half-hipped to right. Central brick chimney stack with 2 rectangular shafts linked at head. One main storey and 2 storeys in the roof, 2 bays. Right-hand bay is slightly taller and later. C20 3-light leaded casements, those to first floor in gabled eaves-line dormers. Second attic storey has C20 paired wooden casement in right gable. Central lobby entry with C20 lean-to porch. Small single storey extension set back to right gable is rendered and tiled. Lean-to extension to rear. RCHM II p. 119 Mons. 5 - 6 (B1).
- <1>SBC20017 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1984. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest: Bucks: Aylesbury Vale: Parishes of Dunton &C. p18.
|Grid reference||SP 76927 25112 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||GRANBOROUGH, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jul 22 2010 5:26PM