Building record 1091800000 - THE OLD RECTORY, MAIN ROAD
- Listed Building (II) 1211976: THE OLD RECTORY
Type and Period (2)
- VICARAGE (18th Century - 1700 AD to 1799 AD)
- HOUSE (20th Century - 1900 AD to 1999 AD)
Grade II. House. Early C18, altered late C18. N.W. front is of red and vitreous brick with moulded plinth, first floor band course and moulded stone eaves. S.E. front is of vitreous headers with flush red brick quoins, band course and window surrounds. Similar plinth and eaves. Old tile roof, stone coped gables, flanking brick chimneys. 2 storeys, attic and basement, 5 bays. Main storeys have 3-pane sash windows in architrave frames with gauged brick heads. 3 dormer windows with flat roofs, moulded cornices and paired wooden casements, the central N.W. dormer with small barred sash. Basement has 2 windows to N.W., that to right blocked. Centre of N.W. front has longer sash to first floor with intersecting, glazing bars, and steps to half-glazed door in Ware doorcase. Doorcase has blind radiating fanlight in open dentilled pediment on fluted Doric pilasters with triglyph entablature blocks. Centre of S.E. side has half-glazed door with rectangular fanlight. Canted oriel of wooden boards above with moulded cornice top and round headed sash windows with Y glazing bars and architrave frames. House has small attached flanking service blocks, each of one storey and attic with moulded brick eaves and old tile roofs; paired barred wooden casements and board doors to N.W., that to right on S.E. side having Serlian stone window with bonded central arch and moulded cornices over flanking lights. Interior has central hall with late C18 staircase (B1).
- <1>SBC20017 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1984. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest: Bucks: Aylesbury Vale: Parishes of Dunton &C. p4.
- <2>SBC19002 Unpublished document: Buckinghamshire County Museum Archaeological Service. 1998. Historic Parks and Gardens Register Review.
|Grid reference||SP 82381 24289 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||DUNTON, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Oct 12 2011 3:26PM