Building record 1000500000 - CHESTNUT FARMHOUSE, 42 MAIN ROAD
- Listed Building (II) 1213176: CHESTNUT FARMHOUSE
Type and Period (3)
- FARMHOUSE (16th Century to 17th Century - 1500 AD to 1699 AD)
- (Alternate Type) TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (16th Century to 17th Century - 1500 AD to 1699 AD)
- (Alternate Type) LOBBY ENTRY HOUSE (16th Century to 17th Century - 1500 AD to 1699 AD)
Grade II. House. C16-C17, part refaced early C19. Timber frame with curved and diagonal braces. Whitewashed brick infill and facing of 2 left- hand bays. Part with whitewashed rubble stone plinth. Half-hipped thatch roof, brick chimney with 'V' pilasters between left bays. small brick chimney to right. 1½ storeys, 3 bays. Paired barred wooden casements with small panes, left-hand ground floor windows with cambered heads, first floor windows in thatch. Lobby entry between left bays has early C19 4-panelled door in wooden doorcase with segmental pilaster strips to jambs and frieze, and moulded cornice hood on scroll brackets. Interior has C17 spiral staircases, one to front of main stack, and large wind-braces in roof (B1).
- <1>SBC19045 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1984. LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC INTEREST. p6.
|Grid reference||SP 84123 28664 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||DRAYTON PARSLOW, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Oct 26 2011 5:14PM