Find Spot record 0593500000 - N OF DRAYTON PARSLOW CHURCH
- None recorded
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Undated)
EVALUATION OF ALLOTMENTS ADJACENT TO PARISH CHURCH (BEING SOLD FOR DEVELOPMENT).10 TEST PITS WERE DUG. NO FEATURES WERE LOCATED EXCEPT FOR A POSSIBLE MODERN PIT. 4 WORKED FLINTS AND 4 UNWORKED BURNT FLINTS, 5 MID-LATE SAXON,1 EARLY MEDIEVAL, 4 MEDIEVAL & 104 POST-MEDIEVAL SHERDS FOUND. DID CHURCH HAVE A SAXON PRECURSOR? (SEE REPORT)(B1).
Watching brief carried out 1996 - 2 probable post-med features observed and irregular geology noted (B2).
- <1>SBC11450 Unpublished document: Oxford Archaeological Unit. 1993. HOLY TRINITY CHURCH ,DRAYTON PARSLOW: ARCHAEOLOGICAL EVALUATION.
- <2>SBC19236 Unpublished document: M. Farley. 1996. Adjacent Holy Trinity Church, Drayton Parslow.
|Grid reference||Centred SP 8371 2847 (80m by 60m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||DRAYTON PARSLOW, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
- BURNT FLINT (Late Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 3000 BC? to 1501 BC?)
- FLAKE (Late Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 3000 BC? to 1501 BC?)
- BLADE (Late Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 3000 BC? to 1501 BC?)
- SHERD (Post-Medieval - 1540 AD to 1798 AD)
- SHERD (8th Century to 15th Century - 700 AD to 1499 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
- Event - Intervention: Evaluation test pitting (Ref: DPHCH 93) (EBC14107)
- Event - Intervention: Watching brief (EBC15777)
Record last edited
Mar 8 2019 12:27PM