Find Spot record 0581900000 - N of Manor Farm Bishopstone
- None recorded
Type and Period (2)
- FINDSPOT (Undated)
- ARTEFACT SCATTER (Post-Medieval - 1540 AD to 1798 AD)
FIELD WALKED BY CMAG. FINDS TO BE SORTED, BUT INCLUDE 1 UPPER PALAEOLITHIC FLAKE, NEOLITHIC-BRONZE AGE FLINTS (B1).
Finds now sorted and include - 16 flakes (including ?upper Palaeolithic one); 4 cores (or parts thereof) including single mesolithic blade core; single bifacial ?laurel leaf arrowhead; 6 Romano-British sherds; single tegula fragment; 115 varied (and abraded) medieval sherds and general post-med scatter (B2).
- <1>SBC4843 Verbal communication: FARLEY M E (BCM) FEB 1992.
- <2>SBC19306 Unpublished document: Farley M. 1997. CMAG fieldwalking in Stone.
|Grid reference||Centred SP 8022 1097 (410m by 380m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||STONE, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
- FLAKE (Upper Palaeolithic - 40000 BC to 10001 BC)
- FLAKE (Early Mesolithic to Late Iron Age - 10000 BC to 42 AD)
- CORE (Early Mesolithic to Late Iron Age - 10000 BC to 42 AD)
- LEAF ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC? to 2351 BC?)
- SHERD (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- TEGULA (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- SHERD (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: Fieldwalking (EBC10438)
Record last edited
Oct 16 2018 11:44AM