Monument record 0446300000 - 13-19 BUCKINGHAM STREET
- None recorded
Type and Period (1)
- SITE (1st Century Roman to Medieval - 43 AD to 1539 AD)
DURING REDEVELOPMENT FOR NEW SUPERMARKET BETWEEN BUCKINGHAM & NEW STS, EXCAVATION FOUND EVIDENCE OF ROMAN OCCUPATION. A NUMBER OF MEDIEVAL PITS & WELLS NOTED. POTTERY WAS PLENTIFUL, DATING ROMAN PRESENCE TO LATE C1/C2 & MEDIEVAL ACTIVITY TO C12-C14 (FULL REPORT & ILLUS)(B1).
- <1>SBC341 Article in serial: Allen D. 1982. 'SALVAGE EXCAVATIONS AT 13-19 BUCKINGHAM STREET, AYLESBURY, IN 1979', IN RECS OF BUCKS 24 PP81-106. Vol 24.
- <2>SBC24289 Unpublished document: CgMs Consulting. 2006. Archaeological Desk-Based Assessment: Buckingham Street, Aylesbury.
- <3>SBC24389 Unpublished document: CgMs Consulting. 2013. Land at Buckingham Street, Aylesbury: Archaeological Desk-based Assessment.
|Grid reference||Centred SP 8194 1390 (47m by 62m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||AYLESBURY, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (5)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Intervention: Salvage excavation (Ref: AYS 79) (EBC10628)
Record last edited
Dec 31 2019 8:18AM