Monument record 0414900000 - 14 TEMPLE SQUARE: CELLAR
- Conservation Area
Type and Period (1)
- INHUMATION? (5th Century Saxon to Medieval - 410 AD? to 1539 AD?)
Mr E Neary, friend of builder involved with repair work at premises was told by him of a skeleton being found half in wall by steps down to cellar, during World War 2 (B1).
Rev C N White, ex-Rector of Ellesborough, confirms details & believes a stone coffin was also found (B2).
- <1>SBC9905 Bibliographic reference: NEARY MR E TO PIKE A R FEB 1978.
- <2>SBC16540 Bibliographic reference: WHITE REV C N TO PIKE A R, FEB 1978.
- <3>SBC3590 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1973. LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC INTEREST.
|Grid reference||SP 81786 13789 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||AYLESBURY, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (4)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Intervention: Disturbed find (EBC11943)
Record last edited
Feb 22 2021 5:44PM