Building record 0411910013 - HOUSE TO SOUTH OF LOCK 45
- Listed Building (II) 42090: HOUSE TO SOUTH OF LOCK 45
Type and Period (1)
- TOLL HOUSE (19th Century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
Grade II. Partly in Tring Parish, Hertfordshire. House, part formerly a toll office. Mid C19. Brown brick with white brick voussoir heads to openings. Off-set and boarded eaves, hipped slate roof, off-set brick chimneys. Double pile, 2 storeys, 3 bays. 3-pane sash windows. N. front is slightly irregular and has canted projection for toll office to ground floor left. Projection has off-set eaves, lead roof, blind narrow wall to front and sashes to sides. Central flush- panelled door. Single storey bay to right. E. side is more regular and has central C20 door (B7).
- <1>SBC5981 Bibliographic reference: HADFIELD C 1966 CANALS OF THE EAST MIDLANDS P270.
- <2>SBC5213 Bibliographic reference: FAULKNER A H 1972 GRAND JUNCTION CANAL.
- <3>SBC6637 Bibliographic reference: INDUSTRIAL ARCHAEOLOGY RECORD CARDS.
- <4>SBC12006 Verbal communication: PIKE A R DEC 1977.
- <5>SBC10448 Map: OS 1971 1:2500 MAP.
- <6>SBC12183 Unpublished document: PIKE A R (BCM) NOV 1991 FIELD VISIT.
- <7>SBC19041 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1984. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. p49.
|Grid reference||SP 92860 13852 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||MARSWORTH, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: Site visit (EBC13593)
Record last edited
Feb 17 2017 11:14AM